Thursday, August 11, 2011

Meet me In St. Louis Archives!

Here are a few wardrobe and makeup test stills from MGM's Meet Me in St. Louis (1944). Such tests stills were taken prior to principal photography to approve the look and design of costumes and makeup.
Judy Garland.

Margaret O'Brien.

Margaret O'brien again!

Henry H. Daniels Jr. as Lon Smith Jr.

Judy Garland.

Lucille Bremer.

Joan Carrol, in case you are wondering the outfit she is wearing didn't make it into the film the scene in which she was wearing it was cut from the movie.

Robert Sully as Warren Scheffield.

Tom Drake as John Truett.

This is my favorite photograph because I love costumes and you don't really get to see their full costumes in the movie! Full wardrobe/makeup test shot of Ellyne Ray, Judi Blacque, Mary Jo Ellis, and Beth Renner, in costumes from the trolley car scene.

Mary Astor.

Harry Davenport.



And Leon Ames.


Keep checking back I have a few more interesting posts about the musical film "Meet Me In St. Louis!

3 comments:

  1. Cool!
    I didn't know they did that. =)
    I'd love to see more, that's a fun movie!
    Sue! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I think they did that with every movie, I don't know if they still do that or not though.
    Yes I love that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the costume that didn't make it into the movie!
    I just watched this movie! :)

    ReplyDelete