Thursday, July 12, 2012

Guess that line....

1. Character 1: You've been so nice to me, I'd like to buy you something. What would you like?
Character 2: A soup bone.
Character 1:A what?
Character 2: A soup bone. For my dog. He's awful hungry.

2. Character 1: You saved my life, so you owe me something.
Character 2: Oh, it was I who saved your life, so now I owe *you* something! Hey look, have you gone crazy?
Character 1: Look, I didn't ask you to save my life, but you did. So now I feel you are responsible for me.
Character 2: Well I don't!
Character 1: Well, what's the good of having a life saved when you can't have any fun with it?

3.Character 1: He wouldn't even listen to what you had to say? Honestly, darling, even if he is my own uncle ...
Character 2: You can't call him anything that I haven't.
Character 1: I know what we can do.
Character 2: Oh, let's just forget about it.
Character 1: Oh, so you're quitting?
Character 2: I'm not quitting, but what else can I do?
Character 1: Listen, ----. I've been handling him since I was a little girl, and I've always gotten what I wanted. You won't do any good trying to fight him. You've got to go around him.

4.Duval, please! I can't hear myself think, and I'm trying to think in French!

5. Character 1: Tell me - How does this reception differ from your famous Washington parties?
Character 2: Well we have a good time!
 
6. Character 1:  But why did you do it? You must have had a reason.
Character 2: Oh, yes! I had a hundred reasons! Would you like to hear them?
Character 1: I certainly would.

7. Character 1: There's thirteen people in the audience.
Character 2: This is no time to be superstitious. It's bad luck.

8. You know what's been the matter with you? You've been walking around with a picture book villain in your pocket and every once in a while you take a look at it like it was a mirror.
 
9.There's a ---- ---- in every town and they're all alike: so full of hope and so hopeless.
 
10.It happum on one ah dem Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Days. Now dat's the kinda day where you can't opem yo mouf widout a song jumpin right out of it!

11. Here comes head waiter -------, Look Old!
 
12.I wish someone loved me like you love you!
 
13.Character 1.Wait! Wait! Wait! How would you like to work in pictures?
Character 2: I wouldn't like it!
Character 1: 4 week contract $60 a week!
Character 2: Don't bother me!
Character 1: Alright I'll make it $75!
 
14. Character 1:He isn't in here is he?
Character 2: With us kids?
 
15.Character 1: That's funny. You don't
 speak with a French accent.
Character 2: My father is English, so I was educated in England.
Character 1: But you don't speak with an English accent.
Character 2: Why should I? I'm French!
 
16: Character 1: Let's see where it says you wrote it!
Character 2: Well, I guess it doesn't say.
Character 1: Did you get much for it?
Character 2: Oh, he didn't pay me anything.
 
17.Well, if he's good enough to be on the table, he's good enough to walk around it.
 
18.Character 1: Alright, alright, let's have the five saxes right in there...
Character 2: *Five* saxes?
Character 1: And the trombones, right on the left here, over there, right in there, and the four trumpets right behind them...
Character 2: Four Trombones and Four Trumpets! When they get playing, what's gonna hold the roof on?
Character 3: He's trying five saxes with a trumpet lead.
Character 2: Maybe it's good and maybe it ain't, but it's radical!
  
19. Oh! He has the head of a goat!

20.Such a dreadful temper! I'm glad I'm not marrying you! Well, I am marrying you, but I'm marrying you to her.

8 comments:

  1. 1. Stowaway
    3. Just Around the Corner
    5. Call Me Madam
    7. Lucky Me
    10. Song of the South
    #12 sounds so familiar!!!
    13. Little Miss Broadway???
    14. Two Weeks With Love
    15. Rich, Young, and Pretty
    16. I Dream of Jeanie
    17. By the Light of the Silvery Moon
    18. The Glenn Miller Story???
    19. Hmmm.... Pete's Dragon??????

    Fun!! Can't Wait to See the Answers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 11. Dixie?
    18. The Glen Miller Story
    ~Jordan~
    Ps. That was hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #2 Anchors Aweigh?
    #5 Call Me Madame
    #11 Holiday in Mexico?
    #13 The Perils of Pauline?
    #14 Two Weeks With Love
    #15 Rich Young and Pretty?
    #16 I dream of Jeannie?
    #17 By The Light of the silvery Moon
    #18 Glenn Miller Story?
    #19 The King and I?
    I know I know more, but I can't think of any.............................
    I love this game!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Y'all did very good!
    I will post the answers in a couple of days!

    ReplyDelete