Saturday, July 14, 2012

Guess that line answers!

"Stowaway"
Tommy Randall: You've been so nice to me, I'd like to buy you something. What would you like?
Barbara Stewart aka Ching-Ching: A soup bone.
Tommy Randall: A what?
Barbara Stewart aka Ching-Ching: A soup bone. For my dog. He's awful hungry.

"Anchors Aweigh"

Clarence Doolittle: You saved my life, so you owe me something.
Joseph Brady: Oh, it was I who saved your life, so now I owe *you* something! Hey look, have you gone crazy?
Clarence Doolittle: Look, I didn't ask you to save my life, but you did. So now I feel you are responsible for me.
Joseph Brady: Well I don't!
Clarence Doolittle: Well, what's the good of having a life saved when you can't have any fun with it?

"Just Around the Corner"
Lola: He wouldn't even listen to what you had to say? Honestly, darling, even if he is my own uncle ...
Jeff Hale: You can't call him anything that I haven't.
Lola: I know what we can do.
Jeff Hale: Oh, let's just forget about it.
Lola: Oh, so you're quitting?
Jeff Hale: I'm not qutting, but what else can I do?
Lola: Listen, Jeff. I've been handling him since I was a little girl, and I've always gotten what I wanted. You won't do any good trying to fight him. You've got to go around him.

"Funny Face"
Maggie Prescott: Duval, please! I can't hear myself think, and I'm trying to think in French!

"Call Me Madam"
Grand Duke: Tell me - How does this reception differ from your famous Washington parties?
Sally Adams: Well we have a good time!

"One Hundred Men and a Girl"
Himself, Leopold Stokowski: [Patsy has come to apologize for telling a newspaper that Stokowski would be conducting her orchestra of jobless musicians] But why did you do it? You must have had a reason.
Patricia "Patsy" Cardwell: Oh, yes! I had a hundred reasons! Would you like to hear them?
Himself, Leopold Stokowski: I certainly would.
Patricia "Patsy" Cardwell: [Goes to the door of his study and counts:] One! Two! Three! Four!
[And Stokowski suddenly hears "Hungarian Rhapsody" as clear as a bell inside his own house! He and she go out onto his balcony overlooking the entryway. The 100 men are standing on the stairway, playing]

"Lucky Me"
Candy Williams: There's thirteen people in the audience.
Hap Schneider: This is no time to be superstitious. It's bad luck.

"For Me and My Gal"
Jimmy K. Metcalf: You know what's been the matter with you? You've been walking around with a picture book villain in your pocket and every once in a while you take a look at it like it was a mirror.

"Presenting Lily Mars"
John Thornway: There's a lily mars in every town and they're all alike: so full of hope and so hopeless.

"Song of the South"
Uncle Remus: It happum on one ah dem Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Days. Now dat's the kinda day where you can't opem yo mouf widout a song jumpin right out of it!

"Holiday in Mexico"
Christine Evans: Here comes the head waiter Stanley, Look old!

"Good News"
Connie Lane: [as Pat McClellan is admiring herself in the mirror] I wish someone loved me like you love you!


"The Perils of Pauline"
Director: Wait! Wait! Wait! How would you like to work in pictures?
Pauline: I wouldn't like it!
Director" 4 week contract $60 a week!
Pauline: Don't bother me!
Director: Alright I'll make it $75!

"2 Weeks With Love"
Patti: He isn't in here is he? Billy: With us kids?

"Rich, Young and Pretty"
Elizabeth has just met Andre, a Frenchman who speaks with an American accent.]
Elizabeth Rogers: That's funny. You don't speak with a French accent.
Andre Milan: My father is English, so I was educated in England.
Elizabeth Rogers: But you don't speak with an English accent.
Andre Milan: Why should I? I'm French!

"I Dream of Jeanie"
[Stephen shows the sheet music from his first song to two of his friends]
First Co-Worker: Let's see where it says you wrote it!
Stephen Foster: Well, I guess it doesn't say.
Second Co-Worker: Did you get much for it?
Stephen Foster: Oh, he didn't pay me anything.

"By the Light of the Silvery Moon"
Wesley Winfield: Well, if he's good enough to be on the table, he's good enough to walk around it.

"The Glen Miller Story"
Glenn Miller: Alright, alright, let's have the five saxes right in there...
Si Schribman: *Five* saxes?
Glenn Miller: And the trombones, right on the left here, over there, right in there, and the four trumpets right behind them...
Si Schribman: Four Trombones and Four Trumpets! When they get playing, what's gonna hold the roof on?
Sy's Assistant: He's trying five saxes with a trumpet lead.
Si Schribman: Maybe it's good and maybe it ain't, but it's radical!

"The King and I"
One of the King's wives: [Sees the bearded Ambassador] Oh! He has the head of a goat!

"Babes in Toyland"
Toymaker:Such a dreadful temper! I'm glad I'm not marrying you! Well, I am marrying you, but I'm marrying you to her.
Alexandra got 11 right.
Susannah got 10 right.
Jordan got 1 right.
And Haley got 1 right.

Alexandra won!
It's your turn Alex, you can post on any of your blogs!

1 comment: