Thursday, January 26, 2012

Meet Me In St. Louis 1959!

Starring Jane Powell! That's right it's a TV movie remake of the 1944 Judy Garland version!
Also starring: Jean Crain,Kelly Brown,Patty Duke,Edmund Gaynes,Tab Hunter,Myrna Loy,Ginger McManus,Walter Pidgeon,Reta Shaw and Ed Wynn!

And I had never even heard about it before!
It was pretty good for a remake!

What I liked about it:
1.Well that it stars Jane Powell and Jean Crain!
2.That it had the scene/song they deleted from the 1944 version "If I were the Only Boy in the World"
3.That John Truett sang.
4.The funny Rita Shaw and Ed Wynn parts.


What I didn't like about it:
1.Walter Pidgeon surprisingly didn't do a good acting job!
2.Neither did Ginger McManus (Agnes)
3.It was in Black and White
4. The costumes weren't as pretty.
5.No one in the movie (besides the bit players at the party and trolley scene) could sing except for Jane Powell, Tab Hunter, Walter Pidgeon, and Patty Duke was fair.

But I really liked it!
And here is the link to the whole movie online!
It's not very good quality but I was just excited to find it! :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLpA8UOHIt8&list=PLCB410F3D1A846329&feature=plpp&context=C32e89dbFDOEgsToPDskLFTYkcJtPUpEHutIGqc2KD

5 comments:

  1. An awesome musical with lots of good songs and memories!
    I'm glad you enjoyed it! So much detail..... very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved it!
    I do with it was in color and better quality(and I wish they got someone else to play the father and Agnes and Warren. Although warren was funny..lol)
    I love the new font!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard Jeanne Craine talking about this on "What's
    My Line," but I've never seen it. I'd like to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't even know there was another Meet Me In St Louis until I saw this! I watched it and I really liked it! I especially liked the scene where they're at the fair grounds. I wish they hadn't taken that out of the other one! :(

    ReplyDelete