Sunday, January 15, 2012

I Dream of Jeanie..


The life and career of famed American composer Stephen Foster,
who wrote the song "Jeanie with the Light Brown Hair" from which the title is taken.

Starring:
Ray Middleton as Edwin P. Christy
Bill Shirley as Stephen Foster
Muriel Lawrence as Inez McDowell
Eileen Christy as Jeanie McDowell
Rex Allen as Mr Tambo / Rex Allen / Narrator
Lynn Bari as Mrs. McDowell
Dick Simmons as Dunning Foster
Scott Elliott as Milford Wilson
Andrew Tombes as R.E. Howard
James Dobson as Spike
Percy Helton as Mr. Horker
Glen Turnbull as Glenn Turnbull / Speciality Dancer
Louise Beavers as Mammy
James Kirkwood as Doctor
Carl "Alfalfa" Switzer as Freddie
Fred Moultrie as Chitlin




I really liked this movie, but the main reason is because one of my very favorite singers Bill Shirley starred in it!

Your probably asking your self who he is right now! He is best known for Freddie's singing voice in "My Fair Lady" and.......

Prince Philip's voice in Walt Disney's "Sleeping Beauty"! Bill Shirley "Prince Philip" and Mary Costa "Princess Aurora".I was excited to find this website that had the whole movie on it last night!

Here is the link if you are in the mood for a new musical: http://mystic-nights.com/videos/media/9346/I_Dream_of_Jeanie_1952/


Or here is a scene from the movie:


2 comments:

  1. That was a good movie.
    He is a great singer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Bill Shirley! :)
    I watched the movie and I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete