Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ship Ahoy!

Yes, the movie is called "Ship Ahoy!"
I've never seen Eleanor Powell in anything?!?!?!?
Here is the plot, I copied it off wikipedia........

The film stars Eleanor Powell as Tallulah Winters, a dancing star who is hired to perform on an ocean liner. Before she leaves, she is recruited by what she believes is a branch of the American government and asked to smuggle a prototype explosive mine out of the country. In fact, she is unknowingly working for Nazi agents who have stolen the mine. Meanwhile, Merton Kibble (Red Skelton), a writer of pulp fiction adventure stories but suffering from severe writer's block, is on the same ship and soon he finds himself embroiled in Tallulah's real-life adventure. Also appearing in the film were Bert Lahr, Tommy Dorsey, Buddy Rich, and Virginia O'Brien.

I don't think I would like it unless Red Skelton was in it!
I love him too!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Is it a comedy?
    What a silly question!
    Who is Tommy Dorsey he sounds very familar!
    Bert Lahr was the Lion in the Wizard of OZ!
    What is Writers block???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know who Tommy Dorsey is but I know he plays in movies.... :)
    That's funny!
    Writers block is where your writing a book, but then you can''t hink of ANYTHING to write!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What was the name of the fictional character that Kibble was working on when he had his writer's block? Try as I might, I can't remember... something like "Wonder Boy!" .... something like that..
    GREAT blog! Love musicals!

    ReplyDelete