Monday, June 21, 2010

The Happiest Millionaire!

Trivia!


This marks the final film appearance of actress Greer Garson.


The last live action film that Walt Disney worked on.


Adapted from a non-musical Broadway play. The stage version of "The Happiest Millionaire" starred Walter Pidgeon, opened Nov. 20, 1956 at the Lyceum Theatre in New York and ran for 271 performances.


Lines from the movie!


Cordy: What were you doing shaving at this hour of the day? Anthony: I haven't been shaving! And since when do I shave my finger? Cordy: Well, you don't shave your ear either, but last week you cut it. Anthony: That's different, the ear is in the general vicinity of the face! Cordy: Well, so's the finger when you're shaving! Anthony: It's a *bite*, blast it! Cordy: No! Anthony: Yes! Cordy: Who? Anthony: George! Turned on me just like that, after all these years!


Angie Duke: Cordy, you and I are going to elope! Mrs. Duke: Over my dead body! Angie Duke: Only if absolutely necessary, Mother.


Mrs. Worth: [to George the alligator] Big ugly beast! You'd be a handbag if I had my way.


Songs from the movie!

Fortuosity!

Well now, ain't this an elegant neighborhood
All the residents dressed so fine
One day off the boat am I
With a job that's nearly mine
'Tis a job with an elegant millionaire
And his elegant family
Today I move from immigrant to high society
Now you may call that luck
And you may call it fortune,
But me, meself, I call it.....
Fortuosity, that's me byword
Fortuosity, me twinkle in the eye word
Sometimes castles fall to the ground
But that's where four leaf clovers are found
Fortuosity, lucky chances
Fortuitious little happy happen-stances
I don't worry 'cause everywhere I see
That every bit of life is lit by Fortuosity
Fortuosity, that's me own word
Fortuosity, me never feel alone word
`Round the corner, under a tree
Good fortune's waitin', just wait and see
Fortuosity, lucky chances
Fortuitious little happy happen-stances
I keep smilin', 'cause my philosophy
Is do your best and leave the rest to Fortuosity
I keep smilin', 'cause my philosophy
Is do your best and leave the rest to Fortuosity!


Watch your foot work!

I had to write this one from rememberance because I couldn't find it any where on the internet!

Well if you got your eye on Cordy, Remember Harry Applegate he took Cordy on a date,Oh what a dapper dan pearly teeth and tennis tan, remember him well, thought he was a Romeo tried to kiss our sis and oh, Harry ducked but to late, Father bought him an upper plate, so watch your foot work better learn to bob and weave sister Cordy's got dynamite up her sleeve, what a jab dynamite up her sleeve what a hook dynamite up her sleeve keep your guard up!Charlie never leave with your right you'll get kild that way. Archie Baxter came here twice first time out he acted nice, Romance was in the air, Oh they made a lovely pair, Beautiful, second date it was a dance he grabbed her tight this was his chance, Cordy only bruised that sport, Father settled it out of court, so watch your foot work better learn to bob and weave sister Cordy's got dynamite up her sleeve, what a champ dynamite up her sleeve, What an upper cut dynamite up her Sleeve!

2 comments:

  1. I like the second line! :)
    Fortuosity is my favorite
    Post some more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the part where you wrote the lines there! Those lines are funny! =)
    Sue! =D

    ReplyDelete