Monday, April 9, 2012

My Fair Lady Behind the scenes......

Cecil Beaton's design sketches:
On the Set:
Cinematographer Harry Stradling and Audrey Hepburn on the set during production on MY FAIR LADY, 1964.Pictured:

Stanley Holloway, bottom, and Rex Harrison during filming on MY FAIR LADY, 1964.

Warner Brothers wardrobe department personnel readying extras for the Ascot Races sequence of MY FAIR LADY, 1964.

Rex Harrison and George Cukor during production of MY FAIR LADY, 1964.

Wilfred Hyde-White, Rex Harrison, and Audrey Hepburn during filming on MY FAIR LADY, 1964

Fashion:Academy Awards night:

Rex Harrison, Actor (MY FAIR LADY), with presenter Audrey Hepburn onstage at the 1964 (37th) Academy Awards.

Friendly rivals Audrey Hepburn and Julie Andrews at the 1965 Academy Awards. Hepburn beat out Andrews for the leading role in the film of My Fair Lady, but Andrews won the year's Best Actress Oscar for her performance in Mary Poppins.

5 comments:

  1. Oh I love My Fair Lady! It's such a beautiful musical! And the costume sketches are fabulous! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the backstage pictures and the sketches!
    Those are one of my favorite things about y'all movie posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these [ictures. Especially the fashion sketches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad y'all liked it so much!!
    I will try and find some more from other musicals for future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love behind the scenes!!! Fun post, Sarah. Look at those chairs they had to sit in...draped with a cloth. And those poor camera men don't look very comfy! The dresses and hats are amazing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete