Friday, October 28, 2011

A "Sound of Music" memory...

Do you remember the first time you watched "The Sound of Music"?



I do (well not the whole thing only bits)!






I was allot younger and my cousins were staying at our house for a few nights and all I remember is that it was storming one night and the Moore's (Alexandra's family) were watching this movie in our den.



I remember the electricity went off for a while and I think "My Favorite things" was the scene I watched.



Or maybe that's just the scene I remember because of the real storm outside!



But besides Mary Poppins and Shirley Temple it was my first musical!
I must have loved it then just as much as I do now because I remember that time so well.




The reason for this is I want to recommend "Letters To Leisl" it's a book written by Charmian Carr the actress who played "Liesl", it's all about her fan letters she has received over the years.


And allot of the letters are about peoples first memory of their seeing "The Sound of Music"!



It's a hard to find book and it's expensive but I really enjoyed reading it!



Here is the link to Charmian Carr's online store! http://www.charmiancarr.com/



And my other reason for this post is I would like to know your first memory of watching "The Sound of Music"!



Or what's your favorite scene?



Or did you used to dream you were one of the Von Trapps?



Or did you ever pretend you were Liesl dancing all over the house when you were little?
Anything like that I would love hear!




And now....




"So long
Farewell
Aufwiedersehn
Goodbye "

9 comments:

  1. Sorry, I don't remember the first time I watched it.
    I was probably too little.
    It's a great movie! I wish I could remember!
    I'd like to read that book! =)
    Some of my favorite scenes are when they are singing "Doe, Ray, Me", the "My favorite things", and "The Lonely Goatherd".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I love all of those scenes!
    I don't think I have a favorite scene!
    I do like "Do Re Mi", and whent the captian dances with Maria, and "16 going on 17", And of course my favorite song "Edelweiss"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to go to Salzburn and go on "The Sound of Music Tour"!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!
    I don't remember a specific age that I first watched The Sound of Music, but I remember, ever since I was 4, comparing my age to the Vontrap children- growing up with them! :)

    It's also been a lifelong dream to play the role of Maria in a big production of the Sound of Music! So hopefully... one day!

    The Sound of Music is such a lovely musical and definately one of my very favourites!
    8-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's neat!
    A friend of mine this year played Liesl in a local "Sound of Music" play, I didn't even know she could sing and she sang just as good as Charmian Carr!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had a video of her singing!

    ReplyDelete