Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Happy Birthday! Eugene Curran

If you don't know, That is "Gene Kelly" and this would have been his 96 birthday! :)


Gene Kelly made 25 movies in life time and his most famous ws probably Singing in the Rain!


He was a Actor, dancer, singer, director, producer and choreographer!





Although he was mainly a tap dancer, often in his movies he performed ballet.



He appeared in three movies with singer Frank Sinatra!




Tony Martin the husband of MGM star/dancer Cyd Charisse said he could tell who she had been dancing with that day on an MGM set. If she came home covered with bruises on her, it was the very physically-demanding Gene Kelly, if not it was the smooth and agile Fred Astaire.


After he retired from appearing in films he went to TV.





"I never wanted to be a dancer. It's true! I wanted to be a shortstop for the Pittsburgh Pirates."
              ~Gene Kelly!













2 comments:

  1. I love Gene Kelly!
    He is my favorite dancer!

    That's too funny about Cyd Charisse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Happy bithday Eugene!
    He might be my favorite dancer, I can't decide...

    ReplyDelete