Friday, October 22, 2010

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory!

Man: Up the airy mountain,
Down the rushing glen,
We dare not go a hunting,
For fear of little men.
You see, nobody ever goes in, and nobody ever comes out.
Charlie: Is this your super grandpa? Grandpa Joe: Yes, well it' s yours too Charlie, Charlie: I'm fed up with cabbage water it's not enough! Charlie: I think I know what this is! It is a Wonka! Bill: This is called a scrumdidlyumtious bar! Boy: Scrumdidlyyumtious bar! How does he do it?
Bill: My dear boy to ask a fish how it swims? Boy: No. Bill: A bird how it flys? Boy: No. Bill: No sir'e you don't, they do it because they where born to do it just like Willy Wonka was born to be a candy man and you look like you where born to be a Wonker.
Bill: Who can take a sunrise Sprinkle it with dew Cover it in chocolate And a miracle or two? The candyman The candyman can The candyman can cause he mixes it with love And makes the world taste good Who can take a rainbow Wrap it in a sigh Soak it in the sun And make the strawberry lemon pie? Children: The candyman? Bill: The candyman The candyman can The candyman can cause he mixes it with love And makes the world taste good Willy Wonka makes Everything he bakes Satisfying and delicious Talk about your childhood wishes You can even eat the dishes Who can take tomorrow Dip it in a dream Separate the sorrow And collect up all the cream? The candyman Childrenn: Willy Wonka can Bill: The candyman can The candyman can cause he mixes it with love And makes the world taste good And the world tastes good Cause the candyman thinks it should. Agustus Gloop: Hungry! Reporter: Any other feelings? Agustus: Very sorry for Wanka it's going to cost him a fortune in fact. Mike TV: Can't you shut up I'm busy! Reporter: You like to watch TV Mike? Mike TV: You bet! Veruca: Your a rotten mean father and you never give me anything I want! And I wont go to school till I have it! Woman: The kid's found it! I've got a golden ticket! Mike TV: Hey look mom we're on TV! Hi everybody in Marble falls! Hi Billy! Hi Maggie! Hi Fishface! Violet: Cut it out dad this is my show! Willy Wonka: Welcome my friends! Veruca: I want to go in, don't you dare stop me! Mr. Salt: I'm only trying to help you sweet hearrrrt! Veruca: Give me that pen! Your always making thing difficult! Mrs. Gloop: Your not squeezing me through that tiny door! Willy Wonka: [Spoken] Hold your breath Make a wish Count to three [Sung] Come with me And you'll be In a world of Pure imagination Take a look And you'll see Into your imagination, We'll begin With a spin Traveling in The world of my creation What we'll see Will defy Explanation If you want to view paradise Simply look around and view it Anything you want to, do it Wanta change the world? There's nothing To it,
There is no Life I know To compare with Pure imagination Living there You'll be free If you truly wish to be If you want to view paradise Simply look around and view it Anything you want to, do it Wanta change the world? There's nothing To it There is no Life I know To compare with Pure imagination Living there You'll be free If you truly Wish to be. Behind the scenes!Mrs.Gloop: He'll be made into marshmellow's in five seconds! Willy Wonka: Impossible Mrs. Gloop that's upsurd! Mrs. Gloop: Why?! Willy Wonka: Because that pipe doesn't go to the marshmellow room it goes to the fudge room. Mrs. Gloop: You terrible man! Everlastingobstopper!
Mr. Buarigaurd: Violet your turning violet Violet! Violet: What are you talking about?
Mr. Baurigaurd: I've got a blueberry for a daughter! Veruca: Snozberry who's ever heard of a snozberry. Willy Wonka:We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. I want a feast I want a bean feast Cream buns and doughnuts and fruitcake with no nuts so good you could go nuts. No, now! I want a ball I want a party Pink macaroons and a million balloons and performing baboons and Give it to me now. I want the world, I want the whole world. I want to lock it all up in my pocket It's my bar of chocolate Give it to me now! I want today I want tomorrow I want to wear them like braids in my hair and I don't want to share them I want a party with roomfuls of laughter
Ten thousand ton of ice cream And if I don't get the things I am after I'm going to scream! I want the works, I want the whole works! Presents and prizes and sweets and surprises in all shapes and sizes, And now! Don't care how I want it now! Don't care how I want it now!
The Wonkavator!

Willy Wonka: Don't forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he always wanted.
Charlie Bucket:
What happened?
Willy Wonka:
He lived happily ever after.


Trivia!

The combination to the first door in the chocolate factory is 99-44/100% pure, which was an ad slogan for Ivory Soap.

Peter Ostrum, who plays Charlie Bucket, made no other films. He later became a veterinarian. In fact, out of all the Wonka kids, Julie Dawn Cole is the only one still acting.

Julie Dawn Cole (Veruca Salt) hated chocolate.

According to the DVD commentary, Julie Dawn Cole kept several props from the movie (when instructed not to) including the Golden Ticket, an Everlasting Gobstopper, and a Willy Wonka candy wrapper.
The length of Veruca Salt's hair becomes progressively shorter throughout the movie as the filmmakers kept burning off Julie Dawn Cole's split ends.

In the scene where Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) drinks from a flower-shaped cup and then eats the cup, the cup itself was made of wax. Gene Wilder had to chew the wax pieces until the end of the take, at which point he spat them out.

The reactions of the actors in some scenes are spontaneous. For example, when the children first enter the main factory and see the gardens, their reactions are real, it was really their first view of the beautiful factory set!
The opening credits sequence was filmed at a real chocolate factory in Switzerland.
The little scene with Charlie and his mom before the "Cheer Up, Charlie" song was filmed at 1:00 in the morning.

Before Wonka does his little somersault, he sticks his cane into a brick made of Styrofoam.

Goofs!

Revealing mistakes: When Willy Wonka does a pirouette and reaches to push the button for the Wonkavator doors, he misses the button, but the doors open anyway.

Revealing mistakes: When Wonka first allows the children into the chocolate room he makes an umbrella out of a "mushroom" top. As he twirls the umbrella you can see the stab holes in the Styrofoam bottom from prior takes.

Crew or equipment visible: When Mike Teevee gets thrown back into the pots/pans after eating the exploding candy in the inventing room, you can clearly see the line attached to his belt that was used by a crew member to yank him backwards.

Audio/visual unsynchronized: In the office, after Charlie is introduced to Mr. Wilkinson, Wonka puts his hands on Charlie's shoulders. You can hear Wonka say, "You've won,"but his lips don't move.

Audio/visual unsynchronized: When the kids in the candy store are yelling, "Me, me!" their lips don't move.
Miscellaneous: At the start of the movie when all the children are in the sweet shop, the shopkeeper lifts up a section of counter to go to the customer side of the counter and does not put the section of counter back down. The shopkeeper returns to behind the counter through another section of counter, and then re-opens the first section of counter to let the kids behind the counter. Also, when he lifts up the counter the second time, a girl by the counter clearly gets smacked on the chin by the rising counter.




Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka
Peter Ostrum as Charlie Bucket
Jack Albertson as Grandpa Joe
Julie Dawn Cole as Veruca Salt
Paris Themmen as Mike Teavee
Denise Nickerson as Violet Beauregarde
Diana Sowle as Mrs. Bucket
Dodo Denney as Mrs. Teavee
Michael Bollner as Augustus Gloop
Leonard Stone as Mr. Beauregarde
Roy Kinnear as Mr. Salt
Ursula Reit as Mrs. Gloop
Günter Meisner as Arthur Slugworth/Mr. Wilkinson
Aubrey Woods as Bill

7 comments:

  1. Great post Sarah!
    I enjoyed the trivia, goofs and pictures! =)
    And the the name list was fun to see what there real names were... I like most of there names like it in real life. Exept I thought Paris was a girl name, and I like Aubrey woods' name as Bill.
    Sue! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    It sure took a long time to put together!
    Yeah me too!
    And I don't really care for Mrs. Teavee's name in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that post!
    dodo?????
    I'm trying to fix the header right now...
    Sys! ~Alex! ;]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! ;-D
    Yeah I know interesting isn't it?!
    Oh good, Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really interesting! I new about the Mr Wonka and the wax and some of the mistakes you pointed out I already had nocticed, but apart from that, I did not know all those little interesting tibits and things!

    ReplyDelete